Is it Sitest, or SITest, or SITEST? All I know is that its meant to see how well you perform with a group of people you're not familiar with in doing various missions. How well you lead, or carry out tasks given by others, how you assess a situation and deal with it, and communicate with the rest of the group will be converted into a score that shows your overall ability. Something like that. Won't go into exact details, since I don't know if I can and it'll probably be boring anyway.
I didn't take part in my company's Sitest. Had to get a excuse lower limb status for my knee and a excuse heavy load status for my strained back and resulted in me not allowed to take part. Well at least I got to see a different side of operation in NS. Like how commanders use authority when dealing with us recruits to finish tasks, and become friendly when not on to work or with other fellow commanders. Helped quite a bit with moving of stores, collecting of food rations. Yes I know some guys will just say, "knn sai kang again" but at least its better than sitting down and idling. I also got to see what Sitest was like before my own.
My own Sitest was with Whiskey. Interesting to see how different companies operate. Why carry PT shoes to field camp? Really fortunate to be in Orion, where we have, I feel, the best commanders. No one with really sadistic behaviour, and actually are very listening and accommodative. Sitest was more or less the same, but the weather was opposite, I had heavy Cat 1 thunderstorm, while Orion's was almost heat wave-like. And it isn't really very tiring, just the movement from point to point which makes it so.
The guys at Whiskey are also quite different. There are a bunch of guys who are a bit hokkien peng, while the rest are a bit on the intellectual side. Or at least, look like. Maybe its just because I'm not used to them yet. But for my detail, the guys were a really cooperative bunch. Something I need to learn from.
Sitest wasn't as interesting as field camp, but still a good experience nonetheless.
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment