Thursday, August 9, 2007

Diary, Blog, Record

Written on 23 July on my NS diary:
-------------------------------------------

Nowadays so many people keep diaries or blogs, if I was an old gen guy, I probably be miffed, saying how weird we become. But it shows how generations change. In my bunk about 5 guys have a diary or blog or even both.

It seems they write down every event that happens everyday. I don't do that. Is it weird? To write about every single thing that happens. I'm not sure about the details but I guess not all is elaborated, but still.. its good and bad in its own sense? Good as in you don't miss anything when you look back but bad that you have to write/type so much and have to siff to the important events. Maybe I'll try it in a lite method.

-------------------------------------------

Meh. When you write on paper, editing your grammar, sentence structure and stuff is so much more troublesome and messy.

I think my bunk mates actually just keep a small timetable like list of events that happen each day, but unless something interesting happened then there will not be more details. For me I don't really think its that important.. Like oo today I did SOC and learned obstacles 1-3. When you look back.. Does that carry a meaning?

On the other hand, sometimes minor events pieced together help show you a clear overall picture. Like maybe saying previously I did ST with 3kg and then in the now I do with 4kg. When you look back you can see your rate of progress.

That said, it was interesting to see other people's blog/diary habits.

No comments: