Saturday, June 2, 2007

Dream game?

I can't remember the start of this, vaguely seemed like a military operation of sorts, to infilitrate an enemy base. I was given my loadout by some goofy joker who looked like he was slacking.

Next thing I knew I was treading in some pool of water and told to look out above. Something like a crate exploded, sending a huge chunk of floor or debris coming down toward me with a bunch of what looked like, hm, maybe scientists for Half-Life 2? How many scientists do you see in HL2 anyway? Maybe like HL1 scientist with upgraded graphics. I got hit by the debris and "died".

Then the situation restarted again; I must have quick loaded. By now it felt really like a game. A game I had some really hands on feel to. This time I avoided the debris in time. I followed the scientists who apparently survived the long fall into the water with hardly any trauma.

And then the situation changed again. I was in some science fiction high tech futuristic place, reminiscent of Star Wars, maybe a battleship interior. I moved out from the knee high water and suddenly something attacked me. I don't know what, but it was fast. Fast like those Big Daddies that are in Bioshock, but not as big and lumbering, more agile and more ninja like. They were humanoid but not really, had something that looked like claws mixed with long hands. I evaded the first attacker, but another came my way with an axe, a fire axe. No, I think it was two. He threw one my way, I dodged it and it embedded itself into the wall behind me. Quickly grabbing it, I threw it back at it. I think it missed, as it swung the axe it was holding at me. Getting a little irritated, I grabbed the axe by my left hand and pushed him away. I seemed to do it without touching him.. I must have had Force powers of sorts. Another one of them came at me with a spear, this time I probably got pissed and choked him by the neck Vader style. Right hand controlling the choke, left hand pushing away any other of its kind trying to attack me. Not being able to survive what has been a very powerful grip, it suddenly turned into black liquid and faded away. The other two still continued to attack me despite me killing their kind; it must have no feeling toward their like, or trained to no bother. I had to kill them too, and they died in the same way. It was a very visceral battle, and I was feeling every bit of it.

The battle over, I proceeded to a sort of passcard machine, just that it used small crystal like spheres, very closely resembling marbles, as keycards. It had two slots, one below on one level of the machine and another on top, the bottom layer being a square-ish Xbox 360 size and the top being Wii sized. (Next line may gross people out) I took a sphere out from a pocket from the centre of the front of my pants. I tried to set it onto the depression on the bottom level of the machine, but it said password incorrect. I set it on the top level, and it responded. A huge, heavy door opened.

And a cutscene ensued. It was all fuzzy (maybe because I cannot remember now), but some guy in a Jedi like brown robe was gloating about his victories. The people surrounding him were in black, more like Sith. It seemed like a chamber where they were in. I .. bzz. Bzz.. zzz .. z.

woke up.

Ha, yet another dream. This one is far weirder, though. Its really feels like a mash of a lot of games, and may have something to do with motion controls lol.

First part definitely about military shooters I've played. Slacker part maybe referring to those higher up jokers in NS, which I'm going in soon.

Second part definitely HL2. It felt like a buoyancy and physics demo, lol. And what's with those generic scientists..

Third part has a lot of Bioshock to it. Also a bit of Star Wars, then I realised Bioshock has some force like powers as well. Like what, chain lightning enemies through use of water. Oh the water too. I walked out of knee deep water at the start. The guys turning black and fading away is also very ICO and Shadow of the Colossus like. The fighting was hardcore.. I was getting a work out. I literally grabbed things and threw things, I could feel it. The Wii controls feel simple compared to this.

Fourth part I don't think is a link to gaming consoles I own or going to own.. lol but I felt I had to describe the size if not the visual feeling of the dream will be lost. The taking stuff of out pants part (eeww), hmm, I don't know. Maybe a reference to how those characters with body suits always manage to carry equipment? But at least mine made realistic sense. Small marbles should fit.. Gah I don't wanna think about this.

Fifth part, I think the gloaty guy is me. Meh cutscenes. I was probably playing a bad guy of sorts. But I had this feeling that there was some good in him, but its not portrayed visually in the dream. I felt it. In myself.

Its weird to feel this much immersion in a "game". The dream was such an experience when I woke up I just had to type it out lest I forget. To feel the character in yourself, its truely awesome. But its also scary, like a mind tap, or memory control. It definitely felt like VR Training. WTH? Metal Gear Solid??

*cue MGS theme*

No comments: